I just Bought an RV…What Type of insurance DO I need?

If you own and operate an RV, you need insurance. It is a requirement in every state. As a result, you will need to carry the proper insurance to legally operate an RV. An RV is considered a car in that it has wheels and can occupy the same streets and byways that cars can. The Redden Insurance Agency represents Bradley WV and can educate and guide the process for acquiring RV insurance.

What Type of Coverage Does an RV Require in WV?

All RV owners and operators must qat least carry liability insurance. Under some circumstances, uninsured and underinsured insurance is a requirement as well in some states. WV state liability insurance would include $20,000 for bodily injury, $40,000 for bodily injury per incident, and $10,000 for property damage per incident.

  1. $20,000/$40,000 uninsured motorist bodily injury
  2. $10,000 uninsured motorist property damage
  3. $20,000/$40,000 underinsured motorist bodily injury

The state minimums follow the same amount required for automobiles because technically, a driveable RV is a house/car on wheels. Some RVers also decide to purchase collision and comprehensive coverage as well. However, this isn’t required. How much coverage cost will vary according to your state, insurance carrier, and the type of RV that you have. YOu will need to consider this as well. However, a knowledgeable agent can make this process easier to understand and help you to choose a policy designed with your wants and needs in mind. 

At the Redden Insurance Agency, were here to help you make the best choice when it comes to purchasing insurance coverage for your RV. We’ll help you meet the state minimums and offer suggestions for other coverages that might benefit you as an RV owner as well. Give us a call. We look forward to serving you.