Every state in the US requires some form of auto insurance coverage. Redden Insurance Agency of Bradley WV wants West Virginia drivers to understand the minimum coverage requirements and how that modest coverage may not suit your needs.
The Auto Insurance Requirements
In WV, you must carry a policy that provides liability coverage, bodily injury coverage and uninsured motorist coverage. Here are the required amounts of coverage.
- liability for bodily injury in the amount of $25,000 a person with a per accident cap of $50,000,
- liability for property damage per accident in the amount of $25,000,
- uninsured motorist coverage for bodily injury of up to $100,000 a person with a per accident cap of $300,000,
- uninsured motorist coverage for property damage with a per accident cap of $50,000.
How They Check for Insurance
Any law enforcement officer in WV can pull your car over to conduct an insurance check as long as they have caused. This can be as simple as informing you that you have a broken taillight. You must provide proof of your insurance which the officer will verify electronically. Without proper insurance, you will be subject to a suspension of your driver’s license and/or a fine.
Other Insurance Coverage
You are not limited to only the bodily injury and property damage liability plus uninsured motorist protection required by state law. You can also purchase the following types of insurance coverage:
- Personal Injury Protection to cover your own medical costs if you sustain accident injuries.
- Collision to pay for repairs to your vehicle or vehicle replacement if totaled.
- Comprehensive to repair or replace your vehicle if it gets damaged by severe weather, stolen or vandalized.
Redden Insurance Agency of Bradley WV wants you to have the coverage you need. Call us today to find the auto insurance that protects your vehicle and your finances.